Thai Chicken Quinoa Dumplings
I know I've said this before, but I'm a huge fan of leftovers! This recipe makes 20 balls, so there's plenty of leftovers! These Thai Chicken & Quinoa balls are great with a salad for dinner, for lunch & also a snack on the run. They are high in protein, fibre & taste delicious. You can read up on the health benefits of Quinoa here: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/274745.php
1 brown onion;
1 clove garlic;
1 cup of cooked Quinoa;
3 Chicken Thighs (free-range) chopped into 3 pieces;
2 TBSP of Red or Green Curry Paste;
1 TBSP Fish Sauce;
1 TBSP Tamari;
1 tsp coconut sugar;
1 Handful of coriander;
1/2 Lemon or Lime (juice only);
20g fresh chilli.
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees;
- line a baking tray with baking paper;
-Place Garlic, ginger, chilli, onion & carrot into Thermomix or Food Processor & chop on speed 6 for 5 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients & Pulse on Turbo 3 times until mixture is combined & chicken resembles mince;
- using a Tablespoon, roll mixture into Balls & bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- serve with your favorite sauce- I like to serve them with a Nuoc Jim Sauce or Chilli Sauce.
- These freeze well, cook them & place in air-tight container in the freezer.
I like to serve them with a simple Asian Slaw & eat immediately x