Vegan Burrito Bowls
My hubby & I try to eat Vegetarian or Vegan meals 2-3 times per week. Why? Because they are delicious, cheap & quick to make & nutritious. I also find that I have more creative freedom when I'm cooking without meat.
If you practice 'Meat-Free Monday' in your home, this is a great go-to recipe, as it's especially quick to make & generally all of the ingredients are in the pantry ready to go.
Here's the recipe:
2 cloves of garlic,
1 tin of organic tomatoes,
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1.5 tsp cumin,
1.5 tsp paprika,
1/2 tsp of Smoked Paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper,
Good pinch of salt (Murray River pink salt is my favourite),
2 cans of drained organic beans (I used Kidney, but often use cannellini or chick peas) - save some of the liquid in the can & add in with beans,
3 TBSP of Tomato Paste,
To Serve: Brown Rice & your favourite Salads, some fermented vegetables & Creamy cashew cheese.
- Heat heavy based pan, add oil & onion & sauté until soft, add a pinch of salt
- Add garlic and saute until soft,
- Add in spices and toast for 1 minute,
- Add tomato paste & cook off for 1-2 minutes,
- Add remaining ingredients & simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve in a bowl with Brown Rice, Salad, some cheese/cashew cheese, some jalapeños & enjoy!
Feel free to share with friends that would enjoy this & tag me in your creations #healthfultreats 😀